Friday, June 15, 2007

Greetings from Hong Kong

Hey everyone,

Sorry this is overdue, hard to find anything in this city. So far so good. The weather has been wet, wet, wet but 90% humidity so plenty of heat. We have walked so much that we're in bits and have gotten lost so many times in Hong Kong Island with the crowds and mad streets it's not even funny. Our accommodation is brill, would highly recommend if you ever come to Hong Kong to stay in the Boothlodge Hotel in Kowloon, great location and great price!! We have seen most things to see here, done loads of shopping already, which would include my new (Linda) Macbook and I Pod Ahhhhh can't believe I got them. So happy because at least now we can try to find wireless and update and email more frequently. It'll be brill. We'll upload pics as soon as we get to Bali as it's crazy here. We're in our last day in Hong Kong (Fri 15th June) we fly to Bali tomorrow for our next adventure.

Hmm funny stories so far consists of Alex swelling up like a baloon on his legs after the flight, it was hilarious and what sucks is that I lost a real funny pic of him. His legs were like tree trunks : ) those of you that know Alex well know that he has what we call spindles for legs and they were the opposite after a 12hr flight from London to Hong Kong. Other story was of yours truly walking into the guys loos in McyD's here in Hong Kong, looking at a very shocked man who politely told me that I "may" have been in the the wrong restroom. I nearly died. We went to the area where I stayed 7yrs ago on my first missions trip ever, which was to Hong Kong and China so it was really strange being back but so cool to see it 7yrs on and see what many more adventures he brought me on, and being so blessed to be back here again with my husband seeking our future. It's all part of the journey, funny how we get brought back to the starting points of major steps of faith and my trip to Hong kong 7yrs ago was one of those massive steps and he brought me through then he'll certainly bring us through these nexts few steps for the future. The verse he gave me 7yrs ago when I came here was Is 41:10. How appropiate as I begin to panic about the future. Well gotta go but until Bali bye bye.

We love you guys and miss you. Alex and Linda. Xo

2 comments:

Paddy Griffin said...

great to here and update from you guys. sounds like having a nice relaxing time!!
Great news getting a macbook im delighted for you. hope to see pics soon.
We went to rob bell last nite in st. marks it was great and impacted alot of us.
Paddy

Amy said...

Hey guys, sounds like you are having a great time so far-v.happy you got ur lap top Linda! Keep enjoying yourself, and...only Alex cud swell up that much! Miss you, and will talk soon im sure. Its mad how 7 years ago god brought u to hong kong, and 7 years later alot has changed, and you have traveled a long road, but you are still there seeking his heart and his future. Love you's xxx