Monday, April 07, 2008

Words of encouragement

Some people have been asking what verses we have been getting so I thought I would share them with you here.

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything.

1 Peter 1:6&7
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire, may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honour when Jesus is revealed.

I kid you not I was so upset that I had my bible in my hands and just thought I had to read some truth as there was so much lies after been spoken over us. I just opened the Bible and this is what jumped out. I wouldn't normally just let the Bible open up and read whatever is there as it normally back fires ; ) but this time I was so upset I didn't know what to do. I just had to read some truth and get it into my head quickly.

A few days later things were getting really tough again and I was trying to figure out what we were to do next and I got this verse ~
2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Oh and also Colossians 3:12-17

Isn't it cool how God's word is so effective even in those hard times. How his words soothe and heal wounds.

We have a few key meetings this week so we would really appreciate your prayers. Thanks for all the encouraging words and notes. Miss you all and love you lots.

1 comment:

Amy said...

hey, really are some encouraging verses...need them at the mo too. Will continue to pray for you guys. Miss you xx