Saturday, June 26, 2010

Diaries of a new mum :)

Well I have been a mum for 14wks and 4days so far, that would be 102days or 2,448hrs!!! Crazy when you think of it that way but then again that is nothing when compared to a lifetime. So our daughter is now 3 and half months old and where the time has gone I don't know. It has been the craziest, hardest but most rewarding part of my life so far. I had no idea how my life was going to be challenged and stretched so much with such a little person :) She has brought me more joy and tears than I have ever experienced in such a short time. Would I change her for anything absolutely not hehe.

Just wanted to share some thoughts and memories with you over the last while.

Cute memories from start till now -

*Definitely when she was born and her little face was all scrunched up.
*When she was asleep in my bed in hospital and her face was facing up at mine with a big smile.
*When her dad cried as he looked at her.
*When we brought her home from hospital and she was so tiny.
*When she made everyone around her stare at her for ages just cause she was so cute and small.
*When she would just sleep and looked so at peace.
*When she used to fall asleep in my arms when she was so upset at the beginning
*The day she first smiled and looked straight into my eyes.
*The day she looked at her dad in awe and made him cry.
*The day she started cooing and each day she tries to have a chat with me.
*The first night she slept in her cot, she looked so small in it.
*How she always looks straight at the camera when you want to take a pic.
*The other day when she laughed for the first time, it was adorable.
*When I go into feed her in the morning and I am greeted with a huge smile and kicking.
*When I read a book to her and she just stares at it especially one with lots of colours.







Funny memories -

*When she burped a huge burp - adult size and looked in shock as if to see who and what did that??
*When Alex was changing her nappy and she decided to poo all over him.
*When I picked her up one day and she decided to poo all over me :)
*When my mum was holding her and she decided to have an explosion in her nappy and it ran out the sides hehe that was funny
Hmm I'm realising these are all bowel related.
*When Alex was preaching in Lee Valley for the first time since she was born and she grunted and filled her nappy 4times and lets say it was far from quiet!!!
*When my dad (her grandad) was holding her and talked to her in baby language and she was laughing and talking back.
*While Alex was out working and I was at Amy's hen night Liana had an explosion and I forgot to leave spare clothes with my parents so we got sent a photo of her in Irish rugby outfit that came of a lions bear. Yes she was able to fit into teddy bears clothes.





Tough memories

*When in labour hehe
*When her heart dropped majorly and she was in distress during labour
*The first time she really, really cried
*When she wouldn't stop crying the 2nd night we brought her home.
*When she banged her head (twice)
*When I can't help her when she is distressed
*Oh my goodness the worst thing ever when she got her first injections!!! That was horrible. I will not be going again.
*When Alex had and has to work 11-8pm shifts they are long days.
*Weaning her off her dummy after we gave it to her!!

Overall though this has been some adventure and we wouldn't change it for anything. What an incredible blessing she has been so far. Such a gorgeous child. Even when we took the dummy off her and went cold turkey she was unreal and adapted so well. She's been sleeping through the night and even when she has her off days she still manages to smile and make me melt. Such a small person but so stinken cute. And as we're on the subject of stinky man can that child pass gas (this is to be polite not to offend people). She is unreal, so cute but it is embarrassing instead of burping this child mainly farts. Those of you that have heard her know what I'm on about and those of you that haven't don't worry you will ;)

It has been so cool to see Alex with her, he is something else. He always was amazing before she came along but to see him as a dad is incredible. You can see she already has him wrapped around her finger :) They have great fun together I couldn't ask for a better family. We truly are blessed. I am just so glad that as time goes by we get to see more and more of her personality, it is unreal to see her discover the world and for us to see it through her eyes, makes you appreciate everything a little more. Like the fact that she has discovered she has feet and hands and that the hands can now grab everything and make it to her mouth, she is hilarious.

You know I have days when I think that I can't possible get through them and then days when I just can't get enough of her and think we got this under control. Both of us (Alex as well as myself) have really felt that God is teaching us about patience, we keep getting that message and I can tell you I am certainly getting a lesson on it and so is Alex in his job. I also feel that I am learning so much about unconditional love and who was to know that this little person would be the one used to teach me :) I am so grateful that God continues to shape us and teach us so much. We both know this is for whatever lies ahead, the question is what exactly is around the corner. For right now I'm just going to try and take each day as it comes. To be continued.........

From a daughter, a wife and now a mum and from one who is learning everyday.

Linda xo

No comments: